At this year's American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) Annual Meeting in San Antonio, several Retina Consultants of America ("RCA") physicians presented on a multitude of case studies highlighting the cutting-edge research being done in RCA clinics. RCA is very proud of the effort put forth by all of its practices, which has contributed to the development of better treatments to cure sight-threatening diseases.
Additionally, RCA is proud to share the news that Dr. Charles Wykoff of Retina Consultants of Texas was selected by The Foundation of the ASRS as the winner of the seventh annual ASRS President's Young Investigator Award.
The following RCA physicians presented at this year's annual meeting, which was held from October 8 – 12.
Retina Consultants of Texas
- David Brown, MD: Brolucizumab for the Treatment of Visual Impairment Due to Diabetic Macular Edema: 52-Week Results From the KESTREL and KITE Studies
- Charles Wykoff MD, PhD, FASRS: Intravitreal Gene Therapy for Diabetic Macular Edema With ADVM-022: First-Time Data Presentation of Prospective Randomized Phase 2 INFINITY Trial
- James Major MD, PhD, FACS, FASRS: Suprachoroidal Delivery of Small Molecule Suspensions: Pre-Clinical Results Correlate to Clinical Trial Outcomes
- Ankoor Shah MD, FASRS: Comparisons of 25- and 27-Gauge Sutureless Cannula-Based Intraocular Lens Scleral Fixation Visual Acuity Outcomes and Complication Rates
- Calvin Mein, MD: A Single-Arm Study of Pneumatic Vitreolysis for Macular Hole: DRCR Retina Network Protocol AH
- Amy Schefler MD, FACS FASRS: Comparison of Tumor Size at Presentation and Genomics in Uveal Melanoma Patients Before and After the COVID-19 Pandemic
Vitreoretinal Consultants of New York
- Albert Li, MD: Survey of Practice Patterns of Screening and Management of Candida Endophthalmitis and the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Philip Ferrone, MD, FASRS: Moderator for Retinal Vascular Disease Symposium; Panelist for Discussion on "Hot Topics in Surgery"
California Retina Consultants
- Robert Avery, MD: Comparison of Hypochlorous Acid vs. Povidone Iodine Use Prior to Intravitreal Injection: A Randomized Prospective Trial (PAVE Study)
- Dante Pieramici, MD: Intravitreal Gene Therapy for Neovascular AMD with ADVM-022: Results of the Phase 1 OPTIC Trial
- Nathan Steinle, MD: Efficacy of Intravitreal Pegcetacoplan in Geographic Atrophy: Results from the Phase 3 DERBY and OAKS Trials
Palmetto Retina Center
- W. Clark, MD: Impact of Nonperfusion and Leakage Areas on Diabetic Macular Edema/Vision-Threatening Complications in Nonproliferative Diabetic Retinopathy (NPDR)
- Peter J. Belin, MD: Shared a poster entitled "Retinal Detachment Prophylaxis Treatment Patterns for Stickler Syndrome"
The Retina Center (Minnesota)
- Geoffrey Emerson MD, PhD, FASRS: Board-Certified Providers Are Associated With a Reduced Risk of Endophthalmitis After Intravitreal Injections
- Abdhish Bhavsar, MD: Results of One Year of Contact Precautions During COVID-19: Universal Gloving, Masking of Patients and Double Masking of Staff in a Retina Practice
- Carl Awh MD, FASRS: Updated Safety and Efficacy Results From the Archway Phase 3 Trial of the Port Delivery System With Ranibizumab (PDS) for Neovascular AMD
- Franco Recchia, MD: Apples and Oranges: “Real-World” Outcomes Differ From Clinical Trial Outcomes Because “Real-World” Patients Differ From Clinical Trial Patients
- Akshay Thomas MD, MS: A Comparison of Superficial Macular Anatomic Changes Following ILM Peeling Using a Micro-Vacuum Pick (MVP) Versus Forceps